We generally have a nurse on duty each day. Nurses have a different set of skills so that between them they can cover a wider range of issues. Receptionists will ask you what you wish to see the nurse for so that they can book the appointment with the nurse who has the correct skills. We also have a Health Care Assistant on duty for blood tests, New Patient Medicals and NHS Health Checks.
The length of appointment required with a nurse depends upon the type of care being given and can range from 5 minutes for a blood test to 45 minutes for a spirometry reading. For this reason, and to make sure the right nurse is on duty when you need an appointment, we do not offer nurse appointments though our on-line appointment service. Please telephone the Reception desk and explain what type of appointment you need and you will offered a range of suitable appointment times.
The most common nurse procedures are:
- New Patient Medicals & NHS Health checks
- Diabetic, Asthma and COPD reviews
- Blood testing
- Long-term care of chronic disease
- Childhood Immunisations
- Vaccinations including travel vaccinations
- Smoking Cessation Support
- Contraception advice and education
- Cervical screening
- Ear irrigation
- Spirometry for diagnosis of respiratory conditions